Think Asia

Feeds
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to My Yahoo!
Other
Books
Saturday, April 29, 2006
Innovation Myths
I saw a recent report from IBM talking about 3 myths of innovation. They are:
  • Myth 1: Innovation means coming up with a new product/service
  • Myth 2: Innovation happens from within (research or prod development)
  • Myth 3: Innovation is the responsibility of Brand/Product managers
In my view, the implications of these myths can be summarized in one sentence: The senior leaders of an organization are responsible for innovation in approach, business models, products, and services and at times, it is necessary to look outside the organization to find the best way to innovate.

I agree that senior managers are responsible and I agree that companies must look to partner for innovation. I think the toughest one is business model innovation. Trying to find the next "what GE did with aircraft engines" is difficult for every company and its leaders.
posted by Rob @ 11:21 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Rob
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blog Roll
Other