Think Asia

Feeds
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to My Yahoo!
Other
Books
Monday, March 06, 2006
Po
I just finished reading Po Bronson's "What Should I Do With My Life?". Wow. Quite a read. I am still trying to digest what I read and develop a meaningful reaction. In the meantime, these are the parts that I underlined:

p201
"Change keeps any institution, and individual, full of life."

p241
"My goal is to have one meaningful conversation every day"

p253
"If you succeed and you are unhappy it is because you are conflicted on how you accomplished it, whether or not you deserved it, or most likely, you are conflicted on how you presented yourself to the world."
p273
"Can you go to the dentist and not be angry about the 30 min that you are wasting?"
p351
"The Monkey Law- The monkey swinging in the jungle must never let go of an old vine until
he has a firm grip on a new one."
p372
"Having kids will teach you to be accepting...more flexible."
f you haven't read this book. Read it.

posted by Rob @ 5:45 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Ashley Merryman said…

    Dear Rob,

    On Po's behalf, I just wanted to thank you for your kind post about Po's book. We're both happy that you are finding it inspiring, and worth discussing, sharing with others.

    Speaking of which, I thought I'd let you know that Po's put up chapters of that book and his newest, Why Do I Love These People? on his website www.pobronson.com, which you're welcome to download, forward, post, etc.

    Wishing you the best in your search,
    Ashley Merryman

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Rob
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blog Roll
Other